Growth Group Host Expectations
- Committed to Christ for at least a year
- Committed to integrity, character and spiritual growth
- Participated in a sermon-based Growth Group for at least a quarter
- Skills / Abilities in the following:
* Leadership, Shepherding, and/or Facilitating – strength in one of these three
* Social Skills – have a track record of relating and connecting with others
PROVIDE A CLEAN, COMFORTABLE HOME:
- Is my house clean and picked up by meeting time?
- Do I have enough comfortable chairs?
- Do I have enough lighting?
- Is my house free of dog or cat odors?
- Are my children interrupting the group?
PROVIDE A WARM AND FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT:
- As part of the leadership team, your job is to help your members feel loved, accepted, and welcome.
PROVIDE SUPPORT & FEEDBACK FOR THE LEADER:
- One of the host’s jobs is to discuss and evaluate the group with the leader on a regular basis, this often can be done informally after everyone leaves.
- Another way to help the leader is to jump start the discussion when it lags.
HELP THE LEADER CARE FOR MEMBERS AND THEIR FAMILIES:
- Track personal problems & needs of group members
ORGANIZE THE WEEKLY REFRESHMENTS, QUARTERLY POTLUCKS, SOCIALS & COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS.
ATTEND ALL TRAINING MEETINGS:
- Essentials (New Leader and Host Training) – Saturday, September 10, 8:30am–12:30pm
- Kickoff (all Growth Group Leaders and Hosts) - Friday, September 16, 5:45pm–9:00pm
- Mid-Quarter Trainings (all Growth Group Leaders and Hosts) - October/November & February/March, exact dates will be announced